If you have 1-3 years of transport planning experience, particularly in development planning, why not get in touch? We are a sociable team working from an office in Southwark, London, with a variety of interesting projects for the private and public sectors. Our firm is 32-strong and has grown rapidly over the last few years, but we are still small enough to know everyone and to care.
We thrive on challenges and our workload, ranges from small housing developments to new settlement plans, film production studios (at least one with a wizard’s touch), and helping transform traffic-dominated town centres. You would work on all aspects of transport planning from designing and improving places for walking and cycling, better public transport, and finding solutions for traffic concerns. We are also growing our capability in carbon-reduction and use of big data to inform decisions.
Our projects are located across the UK and internationally (Ireland, Cyprus etc). We are able to help you grow your career in a holistic way, focusing on both softer and technical skills, and offer training in all work areas.
We are independent, employee-owned, pay a competitive salary with all the key ‘big company’ benefits, and we have flexible working. We like to give staff responsibility and career progression is flexible and focused on what you can and want to achieve.
- Helping develop multi-modal access strategies and designs for all kinds of development and public sector transport projects
- Site visits, corridor/area walking and cycling assessments, participation in public consultations
- Preparing technical notes and reports, Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Delivery and Service Plans and other assessments
- Undertaking capacity or other technical analysis such as PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG, VISSIM
- Interrogating designs through swept path analysis and application of design standards
- Initial concept / feasibility studies for large masterplan sites
- Delivering the transport elements of complex planning applications through to supporting detailed design and access strategies being delivered on site
Experience and skills required:
- This role would suit a graduate or masters graduate with some work experience in our field
- 1-3 years transport planning experience, preferably in the development planning or development control work area, but other transport-related experience will be considered
- Some knowledge of the planning system and transport-related matters, including Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, and Environmental Statements
- Some design experience of transport, including basic design principles, standards and guidance
- Some understanding of highway capacity, preferably some use of PICADY, ARCADY etc.
- Some experience of using AutoCAD and other associated Autodesk design software (such as AutoTrack) desirable
- Experience of preparing robust, visually engaging supporting material using QGIS or similar mapping/illustration software (sketches, drawings)
- Good writing and numeracy skills
- Interpersonal skills required to collaborate with the wider team
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to work within the deadlines
Please email your CV to [email protected] and use reference "TP2023.1" in the subject line when applying.
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days excluding Bank Holidays
- Payment of one professional subscription
- Discretionary performance related bonus
- Hybrid working – currently minimum 2 days in the office in central London
- Private medical insurance
- Salary sacrifice scheme and season ticket loan/cycle scheme
- Company pension scheme (company matches contribution up to 6%)
- Social and Sports Club with monthly outings/events
- Continuing professional development and training, with a particular focus on our younger generation of planners
More information about us can be found on our website: markidesassociates.co.uk