Delivering transformative infrastructure is critical to short-term recovery and long-term growth across the United Kingdom. This is recognised in the UK Government’s National Infrastructure Strategy and will be key to achieving ambitions associated with the levelling up agenda.
The Young Urbanists join forces with members of the National Infrastructure Commission's Young Professional Panel to discuss what levelling up should/could look like in practice, the benefits and limitations of infrastructure delivery, the various spatial scales and geographies we need to consider including the challenges they pose, and appreciation towards the political economy.
The panel will conclude with a short Q&A session.
Kevin Roeton, Associate in the Infrastructure Planning team at WSP UK
- Monica Laucas, Senior Consultant in the Economic Development team at AECOM, Member of the UK’s National Infrastructure Commission’s Young Professionals Panel
- Amanda Stone, Transport Planning Rail Sector Lead at WSP UK
- Carlos Soto, Sustrans’ Senior Project Officer acting for Dumfries & Galloway Council
- Ben McNamee, Senior Policy Advisor at the National Infrastructure Commission
- Dr Nicholas Falk, Executive Director of The URBED Trust & Founder of URBED