This session aims to deliver a message of positive and successful placemaking as a collaborative process and to highlight the value and role of people and organisations in delivering and sustaining great places.
Cities are complex, constantly changing, with many hands shaping them. Through a combination of presentations and discussions, we wish to demonstrate the range of ways in which individuals and organisations are advancing positive placemaking and urbanism. Through the everyday activities that they do in public space, in partnership with institutions such as local government, and by using a mix of culture, arts, economic development, wellbeing, planning, and design quality, “Everyone is an Urbanist”. We welcome you to join the discussion and share your thoughts.
- Dr. Rachel O’Grady, Partner OGU Architects and Lecturer in Architecture at Queen’s University Belfast
- Brendan Moore, Moore on the Quay
- Amberlea Neely, Founder, Starling Start
- Shane Quinn AoU, Development Director, Belfast Buildings Trust
- Dr. Aisling Rusk, Director, Studio Idir
- Henriette Vamberg, Partner & Managing Director, Gehl Architects, Copenhagen
The event will be chaired by James Hennessey AoU, Director, The Paul Hogarth Company & Mura Quigley AoU, Associate Director, Urban Scale Interventions.