Our speakers and panellists include:-
- Adele Maher, Head of the Spatial Framework, Oxford-Cambridge Arc
- Bev Hindle, Executive Director, Oxford-Cambridge Arc Leadership Group
- Steve Quartermain CBE, former Chief Planner at MHCLG
- Stephen Kelly, Joint Director of Planning & Economic Development, Greater Cambridge
- Jo Lancaster, Managing Director Huntingdonshire District Council, Sponsor, OxCam Arc Place Work stream
- Vincent Goodstadt, Independent Public Policy Professional, UK2070 Commission, Vice-President of the Town & Country Planning Association, Former President of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Catriona Riddell, Director, Catriona Riddell & Associates, Strategic Planning Specialist for The Planning Officers Society
- Kevin Murray, Director, Kevin Murray Associates and former Chair of The Academy of Urbanism
The Oxford-Cambridge Arc is a growth region of national importance and the UK Government has made a commitment to prepare a Spatial Framework and Vision to carry this growth forward.
This event is being run in conjunction with the Planning Officers Society and will address the role of planning and its ability to deliver what must be a radical and far-reaching vision. The planning system must be capable of responding to the challenges of creating healthy, inclusive and economically sound cities and places.
Challenges that include measures to address climate change and above all else inclusive cities and places where people and communities come first. Will the Spatial Framework and the Vision deliver on these goals and bring benefits for everyone? Is there a common purpose? Is there recognition that to benefit from any prosperity and gain we must be prepared to sign up to a ‘lifestyle contract’ and adapt in many, many different ways?
All our participants are experts in their field and will address these issues and consider some of the key principles that will need to be embedded into the Vision and also how the spatial framework will be structured to deliver them.