YU OPPORTUNITY: Join the Young Urbanist Steering Committee
Would you like to contribute to the growth and development of the Young Urbanists?
The Young Urbanist Steering Committee (YUSC) has been around since the Network’s inception in 2013 and has shaped the growth and development of the Young Urbanists (YU). We are seeking an enthusiastic new member to join the Committee and help drive the Young Urbanist Network forward.
The YUSC helps to plan the YU annual programme of events and activities, develops and implements the YU strategy for outreach and growth, coordinates funding efforts, and makes decisions about the future of the Network with a focus on meeting the aspirations of our members.
As a YUSC member, you will be asked to contribute to and potentially lead on areas such as:
- Membership, communications and engagement
- Flagship programmes such as Small Grants and Mentoring schemes
- Rolling event programme and annual offer
- Finance, sponsorship and relationship building
The role requires YUSC members to:
- Attend monthly in-person or online YUSC meetings (second Monday evening of every month).
- Take on committee tasks in their own time.
- Contribute to regular email communications with other YUSC members.
- Where possible, plan to attend most YU events & pub nights – once it is safe again to host pub nights.
- Act as an ambassador for the Young Urbanists.
This is a voluntary role and is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with the future growth and development of the Young Urbanist Network.
If you would like to join the YUSC, please send a CV and short statement outlining your skills and expertise, as well as why you are interested in becoming a Steering Committee member. It would also be great if you could highlight in which areas you think you can contribute the most and feel that your skills would be the most valuable, to Roshni Thakker at [email protected] by Friday 14th January 2022