From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Transport & Mobility team in Bath or London for an 8 week summer placement.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented graduate level Transport and Mobility Engineer to join our Transport and Mobility team.
Our transport team works across a variety of exciting projects around the world, with work varying from strategic master planning at city, area or development scale to transport assessments and infrastructure design at the planning stage.
To find out more about our Transport and Mobility discipline, please click here.
The team workload is split evenly between development projects in the UK and projects overseas. The type of work varies from strategic Master planning at city scale to the preparation of Transport Assessments for projects in the UK. There will therefore be opportunities for overseas travel.
Recent projects that our team have led the Transport input for, include:
Middle East – A number of new cities and resorts as part of the 2030 Saudi Transformation Plan such as The Red Sea Project, King Salman Park, Royal Parks, Al Daayan Healthcare Campus in Qatar, and a Mobility Strategy for the new Kuwait University.
South America – Mixed-use development Praderas Masterplan in Chile.
Asia – Eden Project Qingdau, new headquarter districts for one of China’s largest technology providers, and new resort in Japan.
Europe – New client Headquarter Building in Berlin, new arena in Munich.
UK - we are also engaged on a number of urban development projects such as the masterplan update of the All England Lawn Tennis Club (Wimbledon), Mayfield Development, Manchester, Thameside West in Silvertown on the edge of London’s Royal Docks, Vauxhall Cross: A mixed-use development comprising two towers in London, Lords Cricket Ground: redevelopment of the Compton and Edrich stands, and White City Living in west London.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a transport related subject such as;
- Transport Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Urban Design, Architecture
- or Geography (or other relevant subject not listed)
- Particularly interested in transportation, and with a passion for emerging transport and mobility trends and technologies, engineering design, sustainability and making a meaningful contribution to society
- Possessing initiative and able to thrive in a team environment
- Able to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner, verbally and in writing
- Comfortable executing project deliverables within a given timeframe
- Experienced in using GIS software to analyse and visualize geospatial data
- Graphic skills are desirable, and experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign) is preferred
- Able to research, filter and compile information on a range of topics for multiple audience types
- Comfortable undertaking numerical analysis
What's in it for you?
- Contribute to the preparation of transport and mobility strategies and designs for a wide range of projects
- Undertake transport calculations and input to transport modelling
- Provide graphic design and editing for reports, memos, and presentations
- Perform geospatial analysis and visualization using GIS
- Assist in the documentation of transport strategies and designs in reports and presentations
- Carry out research and organize results in a clear and coherent manner
- Participate in project meetings, under the guidance of senior staff
- Assist with business development functions