This role is for current students or recent graduates for an Autumn 2023 start.
This is an exciting opportunity for a current students or recent graduates to get involved in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA). We have openings in our Edinburgh, Leeds, and Bath offices.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented graduate level Environmental Consultant to join our Environmental Assessment & Management Group, based in Bath, Leeds or Edinburgh with travel across the UK. This opportunity is for a graduate to get involved in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA).
No two days are the same in the Environmental Assessment & Management Group at Buro Happold. We work within a multi-disciplinary practice, and a graduate EIA/ESIA/SEA consultant role will see you working alongside ecologists, waste and air quality consultants, and many other environmental disciplines.
To find out more about our Environment discipline, please click here.
To find out more about our Environmental Assessment & Management Group specifically, please click here.
This role will see you take an assistant EIA/ESIA/SEA coordinator role in progressing Buro Happold’s already outstanding environmental consultancy services, and will utilise and enhance your knowledge of regeneration and urban projects in the UK and overseas, and your ability to influence design collaboratively and project manage effectively.
Working on a variety of major UK and international masterplans, infrastructure and environmental restoration projects your portfolio could soon include prestigious projects such as:
- Multiple residential-led London development schemes, including Fulham Gasworks and Prince of Wales Drive gasholder sites for St William/Berkeley Group and White City Living and Centre House for St James/Berkeley Group
- Regeneration projects in Leeds and Manchester including Middlewood Locks (Salford), Mayfield (Manchester), NOMA (Manchester) City Reach (Leeds) and the Yorkshire Post site (Leeds)
- Discovery Park in Sandwich, Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone in Bristol and SnOasis in Mid-Suffolk
- Masterplanning of mega-projects in the Middle East
- Belgrade Waterfront masterplan
What would I do?
- Provide a point of contact to project leaders within BuroHappold and represent BuroHappold at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers externally on projects with an environmental component
- Technical report writing including contributing to EIA, ESIA and SEA, including writing general chapters
- Create presentations using infographics/imagery to show complex data visually.
- Carrying out studies, research and analysis
- Assisting with project management including budgets for specific assignments and projects
- Compiling geographic data, analysing mapped information, utilising site data in a range of GIS applications and presenting outputs in innovative ways
- Knowledge from a degree such as Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- A keen interest in the Environmental Impact Assessment process
- A desire to develop Project Management skills, in an EIA/ESIA/SEA coordination capacity
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work well independently and also in a team
What’s in it for you?
- Broad insight within a team, mentored by a subject matter expert. The opportunity to experience our culture and value, and learn what sets us apart from other organisations. Exposure to a wide range of portfolios, including local community led projects and global large scale clients. The diversity of the projects we work on is one of the many reasons consultants love to work at Buro Happold.
- A plethora of interesting and challenging projects to stretch your professional skills, a friendly and close knit team, flexible working and a competitive reward package. The opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects aside a range of specialists and designers both within Buro Happold and our collaborators.
- Opportunity to be supported (or even join) our Young Employees Forum in your local office, join bi-annual events/trips, and contribute your experience and learnings to the next generation of engineers through various outreach activities.
- Our Graduate Connect program allows our Graduates to learn the fundamentals of design and technology whilst building a base in consulting and professional skills. This is a blended learning programme where participants gain experience against our internal professional and technical frameworks in relation to their specialism.
- We see membership of a professional body and professional registration as crucial to the development of our engineers and offer substantial support to those aspiring to achieve this. We aim to support employees to achieve the highest level of membership and registration their academic background allows.